iNA - An electronic Nautical Almanac for the iPhone, iPad and iPod
No Internet connection required
iNA computes all ephemeris data available in the daily pages of the USNO Nautical Almanac. This information is required when doing astronomical computations for celestial navigation, local noon, sunrise, and others. The program computes GHA, Dec, SHA, SD, HP, magnitudes, sunrise, sunset, LAN, twilight times, moonrise, moonset, moon age and phase for sun, moon, 5 planets, and 173 stars. INA also computes additional useful information not included in the Nautical Almanac such as ephemeris for Mercury, Hc at LAN, bearing of sunrise and sunset (amplitudes), and the GHA of Aries midway between civil and nautical twilights for star planning.
INA's internal celestial almanac is valid for the years 1582 through 2800 AD.
iNA Nautical Almanac - Simple to Use and Accurate
The computation mode is selected using the segmented control found in the middle of the applications navigation bar. The following options are available
Once the computation mode is selected additional information is entered into the application using the data input table. Pushing on "body" brings up the body selector table. The segmented control at the top of the table is used to limit the bodies available in the selection table.
- Ephem - Ephemeris computations including GMT, GHAA, GHA, SHA, DEC, Semi Diameter, Horizontal Parallax, and brightness Magnitude.
- Sun - Sunrise including rise, set, and twilight times, LAN, EqT, Hc of Sun, and Amplitudes.
- Moon - Moonrise including rise and set times, phase, and age of the moon.
The search field at the top of the body form can be used to search for a specific body. Searches can be done by primary name, alternate name, or body number (i.e ACAMAR, 7, or Theta Eridani yield the same star). Click on the body in the table to select it.
- All - lists 173 stars, 5 plants, sun, and moon.
- ASolar - only solar bodies are listed including planets, moon, and sun
- AStars - the 57 navigational stars and Polaris are listed
- GMT Date and Time - The date and time to use in the computations. Note that the time is only used in the ephemeris computations and ignored in the rise/set computations.
- Lat - the latitude used in rise/set computations. This value is ignored for ephemeris computations.
- Tabular Output - When OFF iNA does the requested computation displaying concise answers for the given GMT time and date. When ON date is displayed in tables containing the number of "Rows" specified in the Rows field. The data is split over several tables due to the limited iPhone display size. For sunrise and ephemeris computations only partial information is displayed in each table. Scroll down to view additional tables.
- Rows - Click on the number to change the value.
- Interval - The interval is only used for ephemeris computations and it specifies the time difference between rows in the result table.
- GO - Once all the data is entered and the mode set pressing the GO button will compute and display the results.
See our TERMS of SALE
page for payment options, warranty, shipping options and return policy.
for the Apple iPhone & iPod
No Internet connection required
Accurate Nautical Almanac computations available on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
No updating - valid for the years 1582 through 2800 AD.
Just enter a time and date, select celestial body, and get the data.
iNA is available directly
from the iPhone store